Beckysfb
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

camera not working

Hp Envy 15t ae000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have had this computer(Hp Envy 15t ae000) about a month and a half now but before it reached  a month I notice that my web camera is not working. Its giving me an error message "To get started, connect a camrea" the OS that is on the system is 8.1.

I need to get it sorted out, I am disappointed that I am experiencing such problem this early.

kindly provide me with help and a solution to this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

camera not working

Hi @Beckysfb,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that your webcam is not working in your notebook and you have had it  less than two months.  Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? 

Here are two links I think may help you to overcome this difficulty:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know the outcome.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Beckysfb
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

camera not working

I have followed all the instructions  you recommended and the problem still persist. Are there any other suggestion(s)? I am at point now where I just dont what to do I have updated the driver, download another version of youcam but nothing happened. I can not even access the setting on the youcam because it is grayed out. I need help please.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

camera not working

Hi @Beckysfb,

As this is a very recent purchase and troubleshooting has not helped, please contact HP Support for assistance.  With your permission, they can remotely access your system to check things out and help overcome difficulties.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation