Retired
Retired
228 228 19 40
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

camera not working

Hello @treasuret,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! Please take a few moments to review these guidelines to get the most out of your experience here.

I understand you are getting errors when trying to use the webcam on your gaming notebook. Was the webcam working previously? Did it stop working after an update or other software install? What programs have you tried using the webcam with?

You can start trying the steps in this document which goes over a variety of symptoms and solutions. If you are still having issues, you can refer to this Microsoft article.

If the webcam was working before an update, you can perform a system restore to take the system back to a previous date when the webcam was functional.

Please let me know how this goes. This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation