Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

caps lock problem on laptop keyboard

hp pavilllion 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi would appreciate help to solve problem on laptop have been in touch with hp even they cannot solve problem ,running i7 laptop windows 10   only purchased in feb 16 then out of the blue caps lock button started flashing on never even touched button all of a sudden buton started staying on contacted hp who tried to reinstall driver did updated then bios reboot problem still on laptop,then i phoned hp who said it could be a memmory problem and they would have to have it back to repair , as soon as i mentioned i live in france they said could not collect from france ,only from england and ireland said i would have to contact hp france any help would be fantastic thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sunsetsnake

Thank you for giving the HP Support Forums a try! I understand that you are having an issue with the Caps Lock button blinking on your Notebook and that you have already contacted our technical support team. It may seem that some of the questions I am about to ask you are redundant and repetitive but could you please provide me with the information so that I can better assist you?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Did you receive any error messages before this happened?

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys on your HP Pavilion Notebook PC will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop. The number of blinks in the sequence indicate what component caused an error when it was being tested during start up.

How many times is the Caps Lock LED blinking

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I am glad that you joined in! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
sunsetsnake Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi thanKS FOR THE REPLY,I FEEL LET DOWN with this piece of junK IT,S NothinG But pure troubLE THE CAPS Button KEEPS SWITCHINg  on AS YOU CAN see bY MY TYPINg THIS PIECE OF JUNk was onLY PURCHASED IN feb 2016 LESS THAn 6 MONths old anD IT,S GIONg wronG Never again HP .I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT THE HP SERVICE CENter anD SAY HEY HE,S A PIECE OF **bleep**e you senT OUT OF YOUR FACTORY YOU HAVE mugged off anOTHER CUSTOMER WITH DUFF STUFF THANks hp pavillion I7 MY ARSE MORE LIKE WELCOME TO TOY TOWN nOW I KNow why people bUY APPLE AT LEAST THEY DON,t fob PEOPLE OFF MY SON hs

0 Kudos
sunsetsnake Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi thanKS FOR THE REPLY,I FEEL LET DOWN with this piece of junK IT,S NothinG But pure troubLE THE CAPS Button KEEPS SWITCHINg  on AS YOU CAN see bY MY TYPINg THIS PIECE OF JUNk was onLY PURCHASED IN feb 2016 LESS THAn 6 MONths old anD IT,S GIONg wronG Never again HP .I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT THE HP SERVICE CENter anD SAY HEY HE,S A PIECE OF **bleep**e you senT OUT OF YOUR FACTORY YOU HAVE mugged off anOTHER CUSTOMER WITH DUFF STUFF THANks hp pavillion I7 MY ARSE MORE LIKE WELCOME TO TOY TOWN nOW I KNow why people bUY APPLE AT LEAST THEY DON,t fob PEOPLE OFF MY SON HAS I PAD RUNs sweet day after day this piece of **bleep**e cost 3 x more runS LIKE PIECE CRAP FAULT AFTER FAULT

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation