purplemintpatty Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable mouse tracker

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went through the instructions (very easy) to UNINSTALL the mousetracker software.  When that process was finished, I was asked to restart the laptop.  I did.  Guess what.  Mousetracker was still there, and I was asked AGAIN to restart the laptop.  Tracker still there.  Looked in Device Manager.  Uninstalled again.  Restarted again.  The O&&(^^T&TGR#@^ mousetracker is still there.  Why doesn't it uninstall??  My last laptop had a toggle switch below the spacebar that actually turned off the tracker.  Maybe I should have gotten that brand again instead of an HP.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 200 430
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable mouse tracker

Hi ,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are trying to disable mouse tracker. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are you referring to the mouse having a tail that follows the cursor or 3rd party mouse tracker software?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation