gurukiran Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

display not turning on but caps lock beep light

hp15 roo5tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have laptop while using it was showing horizontal lines and hang when again turned off and turned it was showing hp then immediately the laptop turned off but now when I press the power button power button shows light but display. shows nothing it is blank
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
675 42 95
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

display not turning on but caps lock beep light

Hello @gurukiran

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting! :) 

I understand that your computer is turning on but only displaying a blank screen. I'd be happy to help with this!

Do you have an alternate monitor or small TV you could connect temporarily to isolate the cause of the issue? 

If you don't, or that doesn't work, follow these steps and let me know if you're able to get any hardware diagnostics. Turn the computer off. Then, immediately after pressing the power button to turn it back on, start tapping the F2 key on your keyboard. 

If you're able to access the hardware diagnostics, select System test then run the Extensive test and let me know the result. 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation