cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

double click one time, single click the next....and sometimes no click at all....

HP Recommended
pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The same touchpad that selects links without being clicked on, also randomly requires a double click or a single click, or a light touch anywhere on the screen, or a serious hard tap on the left corner.   It is not consistant.  Can it be adjusted or disabled?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I simply hover over a link, it is selected.  No click.   It is impossible to use like this....it clicks on things that i do NOT want to click on.   This is a new HP Pavilion laptop.  I cannot find the settings to change sensitivity. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rmit,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is your precise model of Pavilion notebook do you have?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you need to adjust the sensitivity on the TouchPad  as you get unwanted clicks. Here are two links that may help:

Troubleshooting the TouchPad on HP Notebooks in Windows 10 video

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am returning the laptop.  I did not buy a new and expensive computer to have to spend my time setting it up.  If the laptop driver is already malfunctioning, what else?   Thank you for your help, but quality control is probably the issue here.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation