Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14s fq0012au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

is there any way to increase dedicated memory to 2gb on hp 14 s fq0012 AU ryzen 5 4500u, i needed it for reserving my RAM to it, i feel 512mb dedicated memory is too small for my 20gb RAM

Taskmgr_tml9iHfg4b.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mekpin 

Integrated video (iGPU) does not have room for keep VRAM, it relies on System. System will work this out and allocate/assign spare/available system RAM to VRAM automatically when required up to max limit. System will also take VRAM back when required (the number is dynamic, not fix). During the good old days, we could do this from BIOS but now OS is smarter.

Note: Recently people post Youtube on internet saying they can change using Regedit. Many people try but the results are unpredictable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

i needed it to be set manually, what can i do to put it an option in the next firmware update? cause i can see the performance of the gpu is never really reach 100%. the memory swapping from shared memory isnt reliable to maximize the potential of the APU

HP Recommended

i see in MSI afterburner the GPU memory usage when gaming never really above 500mb, thats why its such a waste of memory if i cannot allocate more GPU vram because its like i always have 6 GB of ram idle while the usage of gpu and cpu never really hit 100%. its like a waste of resources held back by the firmware, other brand had it dedicated 1gb or 2gb, 512 is so low for nowadays usage

HP Recommended

if the OS is smarter or so, please do show me the data or any screen shot that shows the memory usage is exceeding the dedicated memory on an individual program / games (if dedicated memory is 512, show the memory usage is 2gb or more for the particular software or games, using MSI afterburner and RivaTunerStatistic is preferred), and how to achieve it. while its not shown, then the system didnt work automatically like how you describe it on your reply. because from my POV the games only see the GPU is having only the memory the same as the dedicated memory

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.