Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Display issue

June 2018, I bought a HP Omen X gaming laptop for $3,000 CAD. Aroun 4 times a week the screen with divide into 3 diagonally and go completely green, with no sound. This has been a problem for 3 months.

Keyboard issues

For a few days, my key 'D'  has been really glitchy, I've taken it apart and everything but nothing is working. I have spent hours researching a fix for this but nothing has helped.

The problem: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am going to give you a representation from the keyboard.Space/D/space/D/space/D

d  d d d d d  d d d d   d d  d d d d  d   d   d d    d    d d   d d d  d   d   d d d d  etc. etc. etc.

That is how I have typed my emails, letters, and applications for the last 3 days.(annoying) And I am scared that more keys will get effected.

Audio issues: Left headphone jack makes a buzzing/static noise when noise on my computer goes silent. I use an adapter from the right USB port which gets in the way of my mouse.

any support that you guys could give me would be extremely appreciated. 

Device: HP Omen X gaming laptop 1070GTX, intel i7, 16GB Ram.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@StefanS1 Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need! Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the graphics card, Chipset and BIOS using the HP website to resolve the display issues: Click here to find and install the same,

Once done, restart the device and check if that helped.

As for the keyboard issue, I had a few queries:

Did you drop liquid or have any accidents with the keyboard?

Did you check with an alternate user account or an external keyboard to check if all the keys on that work?

I recommend the below steps:

• Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust. 
  • Shut down the laptop, remove the battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds
  • Replace the battery, restart the notebook,
  • if the issue persists, change the keyboard layout and check if it works: Click here for steps.
  • Also, run a hardware test to identify any issues with the keyboard: Click here for details (Interactive test) under component tests - keyboard.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello riddle_decipher,  I have blown compressed air into the key, restarted with unplugging my battery, updated drivers, I've done all option mentioned by you but nothing seemed to work. I also took my 'D' key off and inspected, finding out that the key requires to be pushed all the way down to activate.

All other problems that I mentioned are no longer a threat, it's only the 'D' key which is restraining from playing some of my favourite games.

Thanks for your effort to help me but nothing seems to work.

HP Recommended

@StefanS1 I understand nothing works, however, the test I had suggested was an interactive one and if the "D" key doesn't work, you should be able to select test failed, the same should provide the failure ID that you could use to get the keyboard repaired or replaced, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options once you have the failure ID/Code:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

failure ID code:

RU3TMR-94H9KD-MFPW2J-G1GF13

My main key wasnt responding to the test, and the D key wasn't working, although i was able to retest and get it to work.

Thanks for your support

HP Recommended

@StefanS1 I suggest you talk to the HP support using the steps I provided earlier, as the failure ID you've mentioned represents: Error 806 (Keyboard Keypress Failure) and the only way to fix that error is by replacing the parts inside the device.

If you would like to help others find the same solution, please click on "Accept as solution".

And If you would like to thank my efforts to help you, you hit the kudos button.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.