Tutor
14 9 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchpad scrolling problem

elitebook 1040 g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all, i recently purchased a re-furbished 1040 G2 running W7 64 bit and am having a peculiar problem with the touchpad. Sometimes when I am 2 finger scrolling an icon is left behind on the screen and if I mouse over it I get the spinning blue symbol showing activity. The icon is the same as you would normally see while scrolling. I did try uninstalling and re-installing the driver, the driver is Synaptics version 190.0.17.1.

3 REPLIES 3
Intern Intern
Intern
23 23 1 10
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Toys4Boys,

Often, the touchpad functionality can be affected by an out of date BIOS or out of date Chipset drivers. I would recommend updating those drivers as well as any graphics drivers (since, from your description, it seems like it could also be a graphics issue).

Here is the link for the most recent drivers from the Drivers and Downloads support site for your unit:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7393379&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059

Hope this helps!

-Tiannah

I am an HP employee

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

#hpexpertday
Toys4Boys Tutor
Tutor
14 9 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies, I ultimately uninstalled the Synaptics driver and installed the previous version which seems to have done the trick.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
261 248 24 80
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest you use HP SoftPaq Download Manager to keep you drivers current. 

The following link will give you information on SDM (SoftPaq Download Manager), SSM (System Software Manager), BCU (BIOS Configuration Utility and HPIA (Image Assistant). 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/drivers-bios.html

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation