Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to use 2 displayport monitors and 8570 display with Advaced Docking station

Elitebook 8570W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running Windows 10

8570W Elitebook - AMD video

Advanced Docking station

(2) LG 27MP33 monitors connected to dock with Displayport to HDMI cables

Cables test fine with direct connection to laptop, verified with other systems.

I am able to only use two displays at a time.  Any combination of external and latop or, if I close the laptop lid while in the dock, both external displays do come on.  Switching one of the external displays from Displayport to VGA makes no difference.

I have updated all bios, and drivers with the same results.

MSSurfacebook w/dock drive 3 displays just fine

Any suggestions that do not require buying more cables or adapters?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to use 2 displayport monitors and 8570 display with Advaced Docking station

Hi @NoNetware,

Have you looked at "Advanced Display Settings"? It should show you what displays Windows has detected.

If Windows detects your third display, but gives you an error message "Unable to save display settings" when you try to extend your desktop to include it, the solution at the link below should help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a30a3bfd-c163-40f8-98ac-c85b7441797b/unabl...

Regards,

Aspera

If this solved your issue, please click [Accept as Solution], so others can find the solution.
Give me a [Thumbs up] to say thanks 🙂

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The url provided did not resolve my issue.

When I go into display settings, the third display ( second external) is detected but stuck in Disabled mode.

I also tried enabling the Eyefinity feature of the AMD graphics adapter and it cannot use the thrid display either.

An interesting twist.  I am running on displays 1 and 3 laptop and external

If I switch to Duplicate Displays I get an image on 1 & 2, laptop and the other external display !

I am convinced this is an issue with the HP docking station.  Is there a firmware or driver update for the 230w Advanced Docking system?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I shold also add that I am usinga Displayport to HDMI cable to connect up the two external monitors.  But again, they both work if I close the laptop lid.

All the HP documentation I have found says this should work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have RESOLVED the issue.

It would be nice if somehwere HP mentioned that Active Display link cables need to be used.  Swapping the passives with Active resolved the issue.  I know have 2 27" monitors and the built in laptop display functioning.

Highlighted
Level 2
17 14 3 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there!

This youtube post helped me to solve a similar case: "HP 8570W EliteBook with 4 Monitor Setup" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccGFc_KXNs )

It works.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation