Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-af114au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently updated my display driver to most recent update to amd radeon software crimson 17.7.2

Now after update my windows start lagging all animation, video and mouse pointer all lags every 4-5 second. I need the latest driver as i am unable to play ultra 4k smoothly on youtube video. 

Need urgent help here.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @ankush82

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the performance has dropped after installing the new graphics driver, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you update all the drivers on your computer using HP Support Assistant. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

The drivers provided by HPSA are tested for your computer. 

The drivers the AMD website may or may not work with our computer. 

Make sure BIOS and chipset are updated on your computer. 

Also, make sure all the Windows updates are installed.

If the issue persists, run a system test on your computer. 

Shut down the computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter System diagnostics. 

Once the computer is in system diagnostics, run an extensive test on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

The issue you are facing could be a hardware or a software issue. This test would let us know if all the components are working fine. 

If any of the tests fail, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer.

If all the tests pass, restart your computer and try the steps suggested in this interactive guided troubleshooter.

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.