Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
oftheseamari Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnecting from wifi

HP 15 TS Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, 

For several months my laptop has continued to randomly disconnect from the wifi at least once a day, some days even a dozen times. I'm a very tolerant, patient person so I thought the issue might eventually resolve itself but it didn't. It's not a problem with the wifi, it's pretty top-notch and other devices in the house don't have any issues continuing to connect to the wifi. When it does this, it can't seem to find any network connections whatsoever even though there are two others in my house's vicinity as well that I can locate when the laptop is working with the wifi. Usually when the disconnect happens, I'm forced to close all my work and restart the machine - sometimes several times before it actually works - and I have to reboot everything I was working on.

As someone who does a lot of online design work, this is incredibly frustrating as so much of my work has gone unsaved. If someone could help with this problem that would be fantastic. I've been considering buying another laptop because I'm so frustrated with what's happening with this one.

Thank you,

Mari 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14631 1021 1517
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnecting from wifi

Hi! @oftheseamari, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have wireless issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried connecting your PC to a different network and check if the issue persists?

As you mentioned the wireless keeps disconnecting on your PC.

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Double-click Network adapters, right-click the name of the Wireless Adapter, then select Update Driver Software.
Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
If an updated driver is found, follow the instructions to install it.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless issues with your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation