Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 (13-U113TU)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't realised when I purchased the HP 13-U113TU 13" i5 W10 Notebook, it only had a 802.11b/g/n wireless adapter.

Would I  be able to upgrade it to a 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless adapter? I think its a bit out-dated for a notebook to come with only a 802.11 b/g/n wireless adapter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83,

Thank you very much and hope to hear from a HP contact very soon.

Regards,

Alan Ang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @Alan_Ang

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to upgrade the wireless card on your computer. I would like to provide my suggestion.

Based on the specifications of your computer, the computer comes with an 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo (Miracast compatible) wireless adapter installed. 

For the procedure to replace the wireless card, please refer to this article

For the list of parts used or compatible with your computer, click here

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Base on the compatible parts listing, it still doesn't provide me the option to upgrade  or change to a 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless adapter. Looks like the only choice would be to purchase or use an external USB wireless adapter.

I find it weird that the newer HP notebook (some models) does not even come equipped with a 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless adapter when todays technology are moving towards faster wireless network speed.

Regards,

Alan_Ang

** Dissapointed HP owner **

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83,

Thank you very much and hope to hear from a HP contact very soon.

Regards,

Alan Ang

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.