Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DV7-7099EL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Have some problems to wake on lan my notebook. I have already upgraded the bios and I haven't found to setup my network card. I enabled magic packet in the network card configuration both in advanced tab and energy saving.

I have disable fast startup in windows 10 startup configuration. I send the magic packet to my my PC from another host and I see it in Wireshark but the Pc doesn't start. I start to think my notebook is not able to wake on lan.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Angeloalbe – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Going through your post, I understand that you are having difficulties while enabling the Wake-On-Lan (WOL) feature. Since you already tried enabling the same from the Device manager, I would suggest you check under the BIOS settings to see if you can locate and enable the feature from there. Here are the steps:

1. Turn on or restart the computer, and then press ESC while the “Press the ESC key for Startup Menu” message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Press F10 to enter Setup Utility (BIOS).
  3. Once you’re in, check under Power Management or Advanced Options or something of that sort. (If you can't find WOL, then search for "Power On By PCI Devices"  and enable the same) Check the fig. below:

NB: Try updating the network drivers as well.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @Angeloalbe – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Going through your post, I understand that you are having difficulties while enabling the Wake-On-Lan (WOL) feature. Since you already tried enabling the same from the Device manager, I would suggest you check under the BIOS settings to see if you can locate and enable the feature from there. Here are the steps:

1. Turn on or restart the computer, and then press ESC while the “Press the ESC key for Startup Menu” message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Press F10 to enter Setup Utility (BIOS).
  3. Once you’re in, check under Power Management or Advanced Options or something of that sort. (If you can't find WOL, then search for "Power On By PCI Devices"  and enable the same) Check the fig. below:

NB: Try updating the network drivers as well.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello, I have no settings about network card under the BIOS. I have succesfully updated the network card drivers and now my notebook wakes on lan. Before updating the drivers the network card led, when I power off the notebook, is on for a few seconds and then turned off. Now, when the notebook is off, the network card led is on and when I send the magic packet the machine wakes up.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.