Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network detect and wifi password correctly entered

HP Recommended
HP G62 Notebook PC
Windows 7

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. 

tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......

Please help..............

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try resetting your wireless router and verifying the username and password.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wirless router is ok...and password is ok tooooo.....i m connecting to same wifi using my mobile phone....i have the issue only in my HP G62 notebook PC....Product number is XU621EA#ABV......

Please help me.............................................................

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the installed operating system?

Try uninstalling the wireless adapter and then reinstalling the appropriate driver?

The drivers for Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit) are located at the following  HP web page.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4326...

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Operating system is Windows 7.............

i removed the driver and reinstalled it...but still not working,,,......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about providing the FCC ID for your wireless adapter? You can find it in the BIOS on the System Information tab.

Press the power button and then begin tapping the F10 key to invoke the BIOS.

I am not an HP Employee.

#HelpStopTheSpread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VQF-RT3090BC4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PANSDSFSFFGSF wrote:

VQF-RT3090BC4

This isn't your thread. Please author your own thread and provide some information.

I am not an HP Employee.

#HelpStopTheSpread

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation