Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

HP notebook causes wifi router to cut in and out

Product Name: HP Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive only had my computer for a few weeks.  When I first started using it, it was very slow and the wifi kept cutting in and out.  I thought it was an issue with just my computer until everyone in my house was having the same problem I was having.  Cutting off at the same time.  So I thought it was the router (we never had any problems before I got this computer).  But I thought about it and noticed that the time I got the computer was the same time we started to have router problems.  So I turned my computer off for a day.  NO router problems for any of the other computers.  I turn it back on for a day, router problems for everyone. 

I homeschool, so my computer is vital to my kids schooling.  Because there computers are connected to mine to do school (wirelessly).  So right now I have it hooked up to my router by ethernet cable (very inconvient this way, cause these really no safe place to put my computer where the router is set up).  And it works great on just the cable.  No wifi cut offs for anyone esle either.  So my computer is causing the Wifi crashing.

I have done all my Windows and HP updates.  And have updated my wireless driver (Realtrk RTL8188EE 802.11)

Wifi rounter info....Huawel Technologies....Model: HG532e

Compter specs.....HP Notebook....Windows 10 64 bit....Intel i5 500U....6 GB memory...1 TB Hard Drive

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: HP notebook causes wifi router to cut in and out

Welcome @DEDASMILES, 

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others. I understand that your Notebook connects to the internet but the connection seems to drop while the Notebook is connected to the internet wirelessly.

You had mentioned that you home school and I can appreciate how important the internet connection is to you and your kids; I will certainly do my best to help find a resolution for you all! 

My first suggestion would be to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Tool. At the bottom it will ask you questions to help narrow down the issue. 

What happens when you turn one of the other computers on the network off while yours stays connected?

If you boot into Safe Mode, does it happen to you also?

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Have you tried to change the wireless channel band?

Changing the wireless channel works best for 2.4 GHz routers and environments with lots of wireless network activity.

Your wireless router has settings stored in firmware that might interfere with your computer's ability to connect or perform well. Resetting the firmware settings on your router and re-establishing connections for all the devices that use the router is a good way to start over and fix many types of wireless related issues.

Please also update the firmware dedicated to the router. For the best way to do so, please refer to the User Guide that came with your router. It is a good idea to connect the computer directly to the router using its network cable when doing the firmware update.

You can find the generalized steps to all of the troubleshooting recommendations above in the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?

Please try to uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

You can say thanks for my efforts today easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community! I look forward to hearing your response. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting above. 

Have a magnificent day! :)

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation