Intern
31 25 1 2
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having to reset router/modem in the mornings

HP Pavilion 15-au057cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My problem is when I first turn on my new win 10 laptop.in the morning.

It connects to the router ( Belkin AC750 DB ) but will not send and receive mail or load the browsers. After I reboot the Router and Modem it works fine for the rest of the day and I can turn it off and on during the day and it starts up and works like it should. I have another laptop just like this one and it works fine without having to reboot anything in the mornings. All other devices work as they should. I have updated the network adapter through the device manager, ran network scans, ( hp help scans) and win 10 troubleshooting scans and nothing is found to be a problem. I switched from the 5,4 GHZ to the 2.4 GHZ connection and the range problem has been taken care of but the ( WiFi Analyzer says good )but still the morning start up issue. What would cause this ? How can I fix it ?

18 REPLIES 18
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @PDA2

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with intermittent wireless on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to update all the drivers on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA to update the drivers. 

Also, make sure all the Windows updates are installed.

If the issue persists, please do a right-click on the Windows button and select device manager.

Expand network adapters, right-click on the Wireless adapter and select properties. 

Click on the power management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 

For other troubleshooting steps, please the steps suggested in this guided troubleshooter

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Intern
Intern
31 25 1 2
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help !

I have already updated the drivers to the lateast through the HP Support assistant and Win !0 updates. I have updated the driver through the device manager also. It says I have the best one installed. I have already unchecked the "turn off this device to save power " ( I also set my router to reboot every morning, and the firmware is up to date ) I am out of things to try. The only thing I have not done is uninstal the driver. Thanks Chimney_83

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Please do uninstall the driver and install it back and check. 

Which wireless adapter is listed in device manager?

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Intern
Intern
31 25 1 2
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will uninstal / re-install the " Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless- AC 3165

I will not know  if this fixed the issue until after tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do try the procedure suggested and let me know how it goes. 

Do you not put the computer to sleep, instead shut down your computer using the Start/Windows menu. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 25 1 2
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My daughter shuts her computer down at night, not sleep.

I will let you know . I just installed the latest version of H.P. Support Assistance on the laptop.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Intern
Intern
31 25 1 2
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It did not open up mail programs or browsers this am.

I was unable to get online this am to check e-mail and open a browser so I called comcast. Went through my mail settings and was told the problem was on my laptop. since after a while I was able to get on Firefox but not any other browser (IE 11,Edge,Safari,Yahoo) I was told that was also on my laptop, not Comcast So I am not sure what to do about this. Once again when I rebooted my router and modem is worked like it should. The Modem is a motorola surfboard SB6121, firmware #.SB_Komodo-1.0.6.1.6-Scmoo-nosh. Hardware version-5.0. ( comcast controls updates even though it is my modem)

I tried to connect through the Ethernet connection. But got "Unidentified network and Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration." Worked with it for a while and gave up on it. Went back to wireless connection. WIFI analyzer gives it a strong connection.The router is a Belkin AC750 DB, F9K1116v1, firmware version is 1.03.08.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the device manager with Network adapters expanded?

Recommend you uninstall the wireless adapter on your computer. 

Open HP Recovery manager and install the driver from there. Click here

This would help you install the original driver that was bundled with your computer. 

As the new driver is not responding correctly, you can try the original driver from recovery manager. 

Did you try performing an IE reset on your computer?

Recommend you to open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Select view by category and change it to small or large icons (You will find this option on the top-right side of the control panel window)

Select internet options.

On the internet options window, on the top right-side click on advanced. 

On the advanced tab, towards the bottom, you will have an option to reset.

Please click on reset and follow on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation