Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello There. My wifi is not working although my wifi button is on. My wifi signal has a red X on it.

HP G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
My wifi on my laptop is not working but my wifi button is on. My wifi signal icon had a red x mark on it. How to deal with this issue. Pls pls pls help. Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Intern
Intern
45 45 1 2
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello There. My wifi is not working although my wifi button is on. My wifi signal has a red X on it.

Check in Device Manager whether you have wireless adapter listed under Network adapter...

How to open Device Manager: Open Run box then type devmgmt.msc then click on ok.

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
0 Kudos
Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm on device manager now...
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
45 45 1 2
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check in Device Manager whether you have wireless adapter listed under Network adapter...

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
0 Kudos
Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. i do have wireless adapters and both are working well. thanks for replying back
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
45 45 1 2
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it working fine now??

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

0 Kudos
Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No it's not... the x mark is still there on the wifi icon. so weird
0 Kudos
Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

both network adapters are working properly as their status but still can't access with them
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
45 45 1 2
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to go to Windows Mobility Center & try to turn on WIFI from there..

Thanks & Regards,
Emmanual Nebu

0 Kudos
Salmahamouda Top Student
Top Student
9 8 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i tried that one and the button was not functioning
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation