07-01-2010 01:58 PM
I was only using public networks for a while and got tired of having the computer ask every time what kind of network it was and set it to use public for all networks and then I got a network at home and now need to change my security settings to reflect that it's my home network (so I can set up file sharing and printer sharing on an old XP). How ever I don't want to use a LAN or USB cable to do it. Any Help Please.
07-03-2010 05:15 AM
When yuo are logged into the network, click on Network center. Then you will see Public Network, click on that. It will allow you to change it a different network type. Hope this helps you out.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)