Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find my Hotspot in HP Probook 440 G1 windows 10.
Is it the fault of windows or hardware? because my brother did the same widow from the same USB and he have hotspot and skype as well, and i have both missing.
Anybody else having the same issue on same machine? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi.

It maybe hardware and software problem also.

You've forgot to describe version of Windows 10 and build version. (press Win+R buttons and enter winver)

If it is Windows issue, clean install of latest version from USB must helps.

Or it maybe a hardware problem, for example I have an Intel AC 7260 in my laptop. And hotspot is unavailable. I've tried to change it to another(Realtek or other intel - can't remember now) and hotspot work perfectly.

On my work Zbook 15 is Intel AC 9560 160MHz installed, hotspot also available to use.

You can try to install your brother's WiFi module to your laptop. Use same driver versions.

Regards,

IT-Velho

HP Recommended

You are wrong from the very start. The problem was not in windows or drivers. The problem is that on the internet, the iso file to download windows 10 doesn't have pre-installed hotspot and skype in it, to make it less in size, but when you upgrade/update your windows to newest model after installation of old one, all things come to place one by one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.