1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Issues connecting laptop to wireless display adapter

15-ac109na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there, 

This is my first time posting here, apologies if I haven't chosen the right board! 

I am having issues connecting my HP 15-ac109na laptop (Seen Here) to the Wireless Display Adapter I have just bought (Seen Here). 

The adapter works with both my phone and my partner's phone perfectly without any issues (so we know that the issue is not with the adapter itself), but when I go to connect my laptop it refuses to work.

I go to Action Centre > Connect, and the adapter ("MSDisplayAdapter_9F") is visible. When I click on it, one of two things happens:

1) It says "connected" for a brief 10 seconds (approx), then disconnects itself. When it is "connected" for those 10 seconds the screen on the TV doesn't change (just keeps saying "connecting to [laptop name]").

OR

2) The laptop says that it "couldn't connect", and the Wireless Display Adapter app on the laptop says "Connection failed. Try to connect again", but after what feels like six billion attempts it still isn't working.

I have tried troubleshooting the issue and have tried various solutions (restarting devices, resetting the adapter, downloading the firmware - which was quite useless as it downloaded the firmware update to my laptop via the app and then said "connect to your adapter to update", which I obviously can't do right now! - making sure it wasn't blocked by the firewall, checking for updates and updating drivers on my laptop). 

The laptop screen also flickers periodically - like it is trying to connect to another screen (as it would when connecting with HDMI in the past). 

I bought the WDA because the HDMI port on my laptop stopped working recently (suddenly - out of the blue with no reasoning behind it) and I needed a way of connecting my laptop to my TV to watch shows etc. Is it likely these issues are related? I just thought I would mention that, just in case.

Can anybody offer any advice at all? 

Thank you in advance!

Robyn

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Issues connecting laptop to wireless display adapter

Hi@Robynopolis,

Welcome HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Issues connecting the PC to wireless display. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps from the link below and check if that fixes the issue.

http://hp.care/2e7Oizq

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation