Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr0004ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, since a few days, my HP Laptop freezes randomly,  mostly in idle but also under load.

Reference to this: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Disconnects-randomly-and-WHEA-Lo... 

and

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warning-whea-logger-event-17-recorded-in-event... 

I have nearly the same entries in my Event Manager and after disabling Bluetooth and Wifi, it does not freeze anymore. Seems like the Hardware has become faulty (nearly 3 years now). 

I cannot find my model on the HP Parts Surfer website so I cannot look up any spare parts. Could you please let me know which WIFI and Bluetooth module is suitable for my Laptop for replacement? Or does HP offer a (not astronomically high priced) repair?

Many thanks

Azrail

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Azrail 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.17 Rev.A13.6 MBMay 10, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.

• The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2Reboot

(3) Install/Update

Intel Dynamic Tuning Driver

8.7.10200.12510 Rev.H6.6 MBNov 18, 2020Download

Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver - Whiskey Lake

3.1.0.3923 Rev.G0.7 MBNov 24, 2020Download

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

2102.100.0.1044 Rev.H17.3 MBSep 9, 2021Download

Intel Serial IO Driver - Whiskey Lake/Comet Lake

30.100.2020.7 Rev.J0.8 MBNov 17, 2020Download

(4Reboot

(5) Install/Update

The Intel Driver & Support Assistant keeps your system up-to-date by providing tailored support and hassle-free updates for most of your Intel hardware.

Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Download nowDownload now

(6Reboot and test again ... 

(7) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hi,

just did all of it (BIOS Update, all 4 drivers). Issue persists. Here is a screenshot from the event manager showing the "resolved hardware issue":

Azrail_0-1659277947312.png

That warning comes in every few seconds or minutes. Sometimes it still freezes. 

What I have noticed: the warning and the freezes are gone when I disable both WIFI and Bluetooth (tested for an hour). 

EDIT: nevermind, still got the warning messages even when WIFI and Bluetooth are off. Any further ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello @Azrail 

I see this is serious technical problem...

Recommendation and solution

--- Solution A ---

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support with detailed information.

--- Solution B ---

HP warranty expired -> You're not lucky.

- Disable wireless device

- Buy third party usb driven wireless adapter as <work around>.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.