Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 14-v002tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello

I suspect that I have accidentally pressed the wireless button on my laptop, however I have no idea where it could be. I've been having troubles the last few hours fixing a wireless connection problem and the wireless button seems like the only likely cause of the problem. I know this may be a stupid question but I truly have no idea where to find it and any help in fixing my problem is genuinely welcome, thank you in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see chapter 2, page 12 of your user guide for the location of the wireless button.

It looks to me that it is the furthest most right key on the strip of dark shaded keys pictured at the top of the keyboard.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04499715

HP Recommended

The keyboard picture on the manuel shows a different keyboard to the one on m actual laptop. 

Laptop.png

This is a picture of my keyboard, the F12 button controls airplane mode, and none of the butttons appear to have the "wifi button" appearance on my laptop

HP Recommended

Unfortunately then, I have no idea either.

HP Recommended

Oh dang, thanks for your help though. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Did you take a look at the Fn Keys?

Maybe Fn + F12 will turn the wireless on.

If there are no obvious physical buttons on the top or sides including the front edge of the notebook, some key combination has to turn the wireless on.

Either that, or somehow the wireless card up and died on you.

HP Recommended

I have a feeling it might've just died, I've been using the laptop as a desktop and haven't touched any of the buttons on the laptop itself in weeks. Again, thanks for all your help 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

HP Recommended

Add-on question. Would a USB Wireless Network Adapter work as a solution?

HP Recommended

Sure.

I use the Linksys AE3000 dual band on my two desktop PC's.

It sticks out a bit but if you don't move the PC, it should work fine.

it also comes with a 3' USB extension cradle so you can actually position the thing anywhere within that range you want.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.