Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh002nr

Windows 11 wifi symbol not shown anywhere and network reset is not helping any suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Hitesh95 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand the Wi-Fi symbol is not showing up in Windows 11, and resetting the network isn't resolving the issue, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check Wi-Fi Adapter Status:

• Press Windows + X keys and select "Device Manager".
  • Look for the "Network adapters" section and expand it.
  • Check if your Wi-Fi adapter is listed there and if there's any exclamation mark indicating an issue.

Update Wi-Fi Drivers:

• Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager and select "Update driver".
  • Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software". If there are any updates available, Windows will download and install them.

Rollback Wi-Fi Driver:

• If you recently updated your Wi-Fi driver and started facing issues, you might consider rolling back the driver to the previous version.
  • Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager, select "Properties", go to the "Driver" tab, and click "Roll Back Driver" if it's available.

Disable and Enable Wi-Fi Adapter:

• In Device Manager, right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Disable device", then wait a few moments and right-click again and select "Enable device".

Check Airplane Mode:

• Open the Action Center by pressing Windows + A keys and check if Airplane Mode is turned on. If it is, turn it off.

Check Wi-Fi Service:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type "services.msc", and hit Enter.
  • Look for "Wi-Fi" or "WLAN AutoConfig" service, ensure it is running. If not, right-click on it and select "Start".

Check for Windows Updates:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and click "Check for updates". Install any pending updates.

System Restore:

• If the issue started recently, you can try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state where Wi-Fi was working fine.

Refer to this document: OMEN by HP 15-dh002nr

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Hitesh95 ,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the technical issue that we discussed earlier and confirm that it has been successfully resolved.

If you encounter any further issues or have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you and provide any necessary support.

I will be archiving this case for now; however, you can respond to the same thread to continue the conversation.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.