Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not able to switch on WiFi and Bluetooth after upgrading to Windows 10

Pavilion G6 1000TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using Windows 7 Home Basic preinstalled with the laptop since 2011. The laptop was working fine. After upgrading to Windows 10 the WiFi and Bluetooth is not working. Tried help from Microsoft remotely. According to them the drivers are not working and there is no updated drivers available for Windows 10 on HP website. The driver installed presently is "Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter".

Please help and advise whether to stick with Windows 10 or to roll back to Windows 7 as I have an option to purchase a removable device to use WiFi and Bluetooth.

I love the lightness of the new operating system. Please help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 630
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Banti2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the Windows 10 upgrade, and wanted to assist you!

You can use the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: 

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue. If not, then you may consider holding off on the Windows 10 upgrade for a few weeks, until drivers can be updated.

However, if you are able to get the WiFi and Bluetooth to work, using an external device, then you can continue to use Windows 10.  Keep in mind, that the rollback option is only good for the first 28 days, after installing Windows 10.

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Going back to the old OS is not an option. We need this to work with Windows 10. Besides, I've read other posts on this web site that trying to go back to Windows 7 did NOT make the WiFi work - it STILL did not work.  

Anyone have an answer to this WiFi not working on Pavilion g6 after upgrade to Windows 10 problem?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation