2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer is connected but not visible

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a problem with connecting my printer to my laptop. Printer is connected to the same Router as my laptop but whenever I try to to configure the connection, the HP app says that it has found no printer.HP.jpg

Screenshot from the problem (in polish).

I've tried solution from this site https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Printer-Driver-Unavailable/td-p/5850748  because on the begining I had problem with driver but now I can not  even connect.

I will add that my Android device is connected and work fully with no problems.

Hope someone can solve my problem.

3 REPLIES 3
RichAnt
Level 7
716 705 30 93
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Clasi,

Here is the link for the 4520 software download.  With the printer turned on and on your Windows 10 laptop, click on Software/Drivers > Go > Download.  You want the Full Feature Software, and do not click on any of the others at the bottom.  It should download/install and work perfectly.  Get back if you encounter any problem getting it working. (save this link for future reference as it has lots of other things.)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/5447921/dr...

Here are th minimum specifications (from HP) and they don't mention Android:

Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit); OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite

Are you saying you have a smartphone with Android OS, from which the printer will successfully perform all functions?  That's great!

I am not an HP employee; just searching for answers for queries on the forum.  Good luck.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Clasi
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

RichAnt
Level 7
716 705 30 93
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again Clasi,

Thanks for the informative reply.  Just a quick point, since you are adept enough to get into the Win 10 Device Manager.  Can you see two versions of the 4500 printer showing or other printers that you no longer use or need.  The printer may be trying to use the wrong printer. Left click on the 4500 series (Network) icon to highlight and select it.  Also if you could uninstall the unneeed ones.  This is all on the Win 10 so it shouldn't affect the other devices.  It's a helpful bit of info that the printer works with the other two devices. 

Also, it occurs to me, that since it still isn't right, maybe use the HP software route to install the printer on the win 10.  I hadn't thought to include to uninstall first using this free REVO uninstaller program.  On the page that opens, select all lines relating to the 4500, then at the top of the page, click uninstall.  Then download/install again.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Good luck.

Rich

That's very valuable info for me that the android works.  Thank you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation