Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-2212sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My RALINK RT5390 wifi adapter has stopped working and is not being recognised in Device Manager, so I suspect it has died.  I have tried removing and replacing, reverting the bios to factory setting etc but nothing seems to work.

I am having trouble finding a replacement RALINK RT5390 in the UK, so are there any other adapters that are compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I eventually managed to find a Ralink RT5390 on ebay(UK). Received it yesterday and pleased to say that all is now working OK.

Thanks to all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I see the Ralink 5390 in the UK on eBay and via other sources. My search is below.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=RALINK+RT5390+UK&oq=RALINK+RT5390+UK&aqs=chrome..69i57.1360j0j4&sourc...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply erico.
The eBay ones that I have seen are to be shipped from China sometime in the next month and the Amazon UK ones are not available so I was hoping for a more readily available option instead. Might just see what the American Amazon ones are like for delivery instead.
HP Recommended

Try  NewEgg.com as well. They deliver to Europe.

Amazon.de is what I use.  You don't need to use Amazon.com. There is an Amazon warehouse in Germany.

There is a translation widget built into the web page.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks for your efforts erico, but I am not having any success.
Newegg don't have any suitable WiFi cards.
Amazon.de was a good site and the translation was very good but when I tried to order the only card available I got a message saying that it couldn't be delivered to my address.
Amazon.com wanted 60+GBP for delivery.
I'm not having a good day 😭
HP Recommended

I eventually managed to find a Ralink RT5390 on ebay(UK). Received it yesterday and pleased to say that all is now working OK.

Thanks to all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.