Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs0511sa

Since upgrading to Windows 11 laptop regularly loses wifi connection. After checking the error log I think this could be a problem with error message NDIS 10317 task category PnP. I suspect a driver but do not know which. I've tried everything to fix but the only thing that works is hard shutdown and boot. On reboot wifi comes back and works again until the laptop is put to sleep and sometimes works when woken up and sometimes doesn't. Any ideas how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the updated driver didn't resolve the problem.

If the problem is persistent, you may want to do that, but it means having to back up your files and reinstall any programs and files you have installed since you purchased the notebook.

Hopefully, Realtek will release newer drivers than the one I posted as they are no doubt swamped with complaints.

This is not a one-off issue as you are aware.

I just checked the Microsoft update catalog website, and the driver version I gave you is still the newest one available.

Microsoft Update Catalog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a Realtek RTL8821CE Wi-Fi adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if updating the Wi-Fi driver to the latest version HP has for that model Wi-Fi adapter helps any.

2024.10.228.9   Dec 07, 2023

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150501-151000/sp150994.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help Paul. I updated the drivers last night and as the laptop made it through the night thought it was fixed ... but sadly have just had the issue again. This never happened under Windows10 and although I upgraded several years ago I'm tempted to downgrade. I've read of others with the same issue and have changed power settings, rebooted the router, tried restarting the network adapter etc but nothing (including reboot) works to fix the problem other than shutdown and reboot.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the updated driver didn't resolve the problem.

If the problem is persistent, you may want to do that, but it means having to back up your files and reinstall any programs and files you have installed since you purchased the notebook.

Hopefully, Realtek will release newer drivers than the one I posted as they are no doubt swamped with complaints.

This is not a one-off issue as you are aware.

I just checked the Microsoft update catalog website, and the driver version I gave you is still the newest one available.

Microsoft Update Catalog

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help Paul. Yes I've read many posts of the same issue. I'll keep an eye on the Realtek driver updates. On a positive note, the Laptop has only lost connectivity once since the driver update so I think things are improving.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Click on that Microsoft Update catalog link I posted every couple of months and see if Realtek has released new drivers.

They usually release them to that site first before releasing them to the PC manufacturers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.