Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-al102nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Hope somebody helps on this:

I have this HP Pavilion 14-al102nl laptop with a 3168 NGW wireless card. I want to upgrade as I want to be able to stream high quality videos wirelessly from my router and also benefit from 5.x bluetooth. I am afraid to buy any newer card as I had a bad experience before with the HP devices white. list. I want to buy one of this cards: Intel 9560 NGW M.2 2230 or any of Intel WiFi 6 series wireless cards. If any of these works, can anyone tell me which is the best wireless card I can get for my laptop?

Thank you in advance,

Endri

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Endri:

The Intel 9560 definitely will not work, because that is a Companion RF (CRF) card that only works in notebooks it came with.

Chapter 3 of the service manual indicates that your notebook has the best wifi adapter that was offered in the model series.

HP Pavilion Notebook PC (model numbers used: 14-al100 through 14-al199) Maintenance and Service Guid...

HP does not provide any information on what model notebooks have BIOS whitelists.

Generally most of them made in 2014 or later, do not have whitelists, but there are exceptions, and I don't know if your notebook's model series is one if them.

If you want to experiment, I recommend this wifi card.  If you cannot get the same exact part number, then you must make sure it is at least a non-vPro card, or it will not work.  vPro cards only work in upscale HP business PC's such as the Elitebooks.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

HP Recommended

Hello Paul and thank you very much for your prompt answer.  It was detailed and I really appreciate that and mostly solved my doubts. What more reliefs me from your answer, is the part that HP discontinued the whitelist after 2014. I will experiment and will update this thread when the card will arrive. 

Wish you the best!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Looking forward to reading about the results of your notebook's wifi card upgrade project.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.