Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0003ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After MUCH research on whether or not my Omen 15 laptop is compatible with WOL (because HP doesn't really make available much or, indeed, any clear documentation for the products you buy) I finally decided to just try out every method possible, to see if one stuck; and one did.

I was able to configure my Omen  (running Windows 10) to work with WOL, and I downloaded an app on my phone through which I could send a "wake up" packet to my computer, which works 99% of the time. (That 1%, for whatever reason, the computer just doesn't want to wake up... because, why not? So, begrudgingly, I have to turn it on manually.)

However, and as absurd as it seems to me (because afaik often computers will support WOL for "lesser" modes such as sleep and not for power on and such, not vice versa), the opposite happens when I put my computer to sleep: it doesn't work 99% of the time, and only works every so often.

I've tried everything and looked everywhere, but I can't find the reason or the solution. The only thing is that now, when in sleep mode, it won't even wake up using any input from my external devices: my wireless keyboard and mouse (connected through a Logitech USB dongle), or my Wacom tablet and two ShuttlePro multimedia controllers (all three connected through USB inputs). I'm forced to have to return from sleep mode by pushing the power button, which is a hassle, as I have my laptop mounted in closed position under my desk...

BUT, here's the clincher: if left by itself in sleep mode, it won't stay that way until I want it to wake up: at some point it'll just wake up by itself after a couple of hours. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nice to confirm once again that help from HP is non-existent... It's official: I'm done with the brand. Never buying another HP computer; it's not worth it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.