Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi is not working but ethernet works.

HP 15-r007tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Once I installed windows 10 as I received update thenafter both ethernet and wifi did not work. Therefore, I downgraded my system to the inbuilt 8.1 and now the wifi is unable to connect while its been detected by the system. My MODEM's wifi is perfectly working on my cell. Kindly guide me to solve the issue at the earliest.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
675 42 97
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi is not working but ethernet works.

Hello @MKMeitei

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting! 

I'd be happy to assist with the WiFi connection issues you're experiencing after downgrading your operating system. 

Are you able to connect to the internet temporarily by connecting an Ethernet cable? 

Please follow the steps here, to let me know what Network Adapter is currently installed: 

1. Right click on your Start Icon.

2. Select Device Manager. 

3. Click the (+) to expand the section for "Network Adapters". 

Let me know what's listed there! 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation