Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-ds0502sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Very weird issue when I use Wifi on my laptop the internet is slower than other devices even though I have full signal. Please see the screenshots below  the left ones are my mobile and right the laptop. They were sat next to each other when I did the test near to my Wifi point. I have done similar tests on 5+ different Wifi points with the same result.

I brought a USB Wifi adapter and it was as quick as the mobile connection so its only a issue with the in built Wifi. I have uninstalled the the Wifi adapter in device manager and reinstalled it. 

Any advice would be much apprieciated as my WiFi adapter has broken so I'm currently stuck with the dodgy in built Wifi. And would rather not carry a Wifi dongle  around with me.

Thanks 

Test 2 PhoneTest 2 PhoneTest 1 LaptopTest 1 Laptop

Test 1 PhoneTest 1 PhoneTest 2 LaptopTest 2 Laptop

test 3 mobile.jpgTest 3 LaptopTest 3 Laptop

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gartsuleee Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing Wifi speed issues.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1: Detecting and removing spyware and adware

If the computer becomes slow after connecting to the Internet, or your home page changes to a page you do not want, or unwanted desktop links appear, or advertising windows pop up repeatedly, then the computer probably has spyware or adware installed. Spyware and adware can be very difficult to remove manually. For more information about spyware and how to remove spyware from the computer, refer to Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 

Step 2: Scanning for and removing viruses

Many viruses use an Internet connection when a browser window is opened and can cause the computer to slow down or stop responding. For more information about how to scan and remove viruses, refer to Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 

NOTE:

After scanning and removing spyware and viruses, run Windows Update to update your computer.

Step 3: Blocking browser pop-ups

A pop-up is a small web browser window that appears on top of the website you're viewing. Pop-up windows often open as soon as you visit a website and are usually created by advertisers.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, 

I have a few more suggestions to help resolve your concern:

• Please ensure that there is no interference from air conditioners, microwaves and other equipment that could cause the wireless signal to drop. If there is no such equipment, then, please perform these steps:

• Please check the router broadcasting to channel 11 and check if the connectivity improves.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the wireless Network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

• Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. Please make sure to use an Ethernet cable and then update it.

• If it still does not work, then the wireless card may be faulty. Please run a wireless module test on it. from this link: http://hp.care/2tlKjct and follow the options under component tests.

• Also please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2sUotwi for resolving Wi-Fi issues.

• If the issue persists please follow the wireless guided troubleshooter from this link: http://hp.care/2he6M7f and check if the issue gets corrected.

• If it still does not work, then the wireless module may be faulty and a workaround here would be to order a wireless USB dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer and then connect it to the router to connect to the internet. It is very cost effective and economical and also corrects the situation. You could order one locally by contacting Best Buy or Staples or on Amazon or eBay.

Please reply back with the details of what you have done so far and depending on that I should be able to provide a suitable solution as I wouldn't want to repeat the steps you've already done.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.