Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bluetooth not working after windows 10 upgrade

Example: Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop with Windows 7 preinstalled. After I upgraded it to windos 10 my Blutooth is not working. I am not getting the Bluetooth option in the Settings. In the device manager it shows the Bluetooth device is installed properlly & working.  Please advice.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Rajan52,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a grand site to find suggestions, tips, information and what has worked for others. For you have the best experience here is a link to aid with this and answer any questions you may have. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. Please remember when posting, to include your exact model of notebook.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? This will help the community to help you more effectively.

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10, your Bluetooth has stopped working. Device Manager shows that Bluetooth is installed and working properly. Here are two links that should help to overcome this difficulty:

HP PCs - Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, ...

Bluetooth devices not showing or connecting in Windows 10/8/7 ( from thewindowsclub.com, any ads on this page are not endorsed by HP.)

Please let me know the results.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Rajan52 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have followed all the steps suggested by you, but no luck. The problem still persists.

Regards

0 Kudos
Rajan52 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The details of my Laptop are as under:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook

Serial No.: PC5CH1331QE5

Product No.: QF457EA#ABV

0 Kudos
Rajan52 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As per the mail communication from Mr Jeff Christopher, Executive Customer Relations, HP Inc., Palo Alto, California

I am giving all the required details:

- Full name: Rajan S. Kulkarni
- Country location: Mumbai, India
- Telephone contact number: 022 26231154, Mobile No. +91 9820893795
- Email address: rajankulks@yahoo.com
- Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook

Serial No.: PC5CH1331QE5

Product No.: QF457EA#ABV

- Brief description of the problem: I have HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop with Windows 7 preinstalled. After I upgraded it to    

Windows 10 my Bluetooth is not working. I am not getting the Bluetooth option in the Settings. In the device manager

it shows the Bluetooth device is installed properly & it is working. 
- Any HP Case numbers or HP Service Ticket number: Nil, as the laptop is out of warranty.

- HP Support Forum Username: Rajan52

Please note that I have followed all the steps suggested in this forum but the problem still persists.

Regrds

Rajan

0 Kudos
larsonreever Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i also had the same problem with my HP pavallion laptop , i would suggest you follow these steps given here and let me know if it helpled or not/

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation