Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

cant connect to WIFI modem at home

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion TS 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I cannot connect to my WIFI at home. I was able to for 5 years and then I suddenly couldn't. My husband is able to, therefore, it must be a software issue and not hardware. Equally, i Have connected my laptop to other WIFI/modems without a problem. I have downloaded driver to infanatum. Enabled, and disabled. Run command prompts as administrator etc...nothing works. in device manager it says my Ralink WIFI is working fine as is my Realtek family controler. However, my Ralink Bluetooth WIFI had an exclamation mark. I unistalled it, and now can't find it again. here are my details. Please help as I am desperate. I've been on the net for 1 week, trying so many tutorials, forums and help but nothing works. I can obviously connect with Lan ethernet cable fine.

HP Pavillion 15 TS notebook
Windows 8.1
64bit
Ralink RT 3290 802.11 BGN WIFI adapter

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation