03-01-2012 10:24 AM
I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 7 and it appear that something is running/updating or something all the time because my data usage on the internet has skyrocketed since getting this laptop and that is NOT acceptable. How do to find out what programs are causing this massive abuse of my internet? All suggestions welcome. Thank you.
03-03-2012 11:25 AM
Very first step you could take is to see which programs are currently using a network connection:
Open Elevated Command prompt (right click on command prompt icon and select "Run as Administartor")
2. type "netstat -b"
3. Returned list will consist of Protocol, Local/Foreign address followed by the respective program in square brackets.
Also if you are using a game store/client software like Steam, it might be automatically installing updates for a game etc.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)