Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp2000 notebook pc - wifi "limited" and does not stay connected

hp2000 notebook pc windows 8.. 
this pc was purchased in dec. 2013 at the time i bought 2 identical pc's for xmas. one works fine and this one will not stay connected to my wifi. it has the word "limited" next to the wifi name and i cannot connect to the wifi. please help

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,789 3,298 152 320
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MajentaRadio, and welcome to the HP Forums!  Smiley Happy

I understand that your HP 2000 is getting a limited WiFi error and does not stay connected to your computer.  I will try my best to help you with this issue.  To better guide you, could you please give me the complete model number of your laptop and the operating system that is running on it. Here is a guide for How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? and Which Windows operating system am I running? in case you need them. Is this happening after the laptop has gone into sleep mode?

Here are a couple of documents for updating your drivers which my help with this issue.

Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 😎

Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.

Thank you and have a great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp2000 notebook pc windows 8..
this pc was purchased in dec. 2016 it's not stay connected to my wifi. it has the word "limited" next to the wifi name and i cannot connect to the wifi. please help...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,007
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you have issues with the wireless network.

Please try the following steps.

1. Open DEVICE MANAGER

2. Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS

3. Right click on the Wi-Fi Adapter for the PC and left click on PROPERTIES

4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.

5. Remove the check mark beside ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER

6. Click OK

7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.

If the above step does not work try the following steps.

Try opening Device Manager, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the network adapter, and then double-click the device name. Click the Driver tab, and then click rollback driver. Restart the computer.

Let me know if this works.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation