Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

huawei p20lite smart phone is not recognised by my hp laptop via usb cable. (laptop doesn't have blue tooth)

it has been recognised previously but not now.

device manager lists the phone but says it is not connected

usb cable is plugged in and phone charges

in phone device connectivity, "huawei share" and "computer share" are both on

is it possible that usb cable can work for charging but not for sharing files?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm no expert with Huawei phones or phones in general but I can tell you from experience that android phones need to be unlocked for the files to be visible via USB.

HP Recommended

I  have transferred files from this phone to the laptop before. 

Something has changed but I don't know what it is. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.