Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my computer is blocked for security and the number given to contact is not working

HP Notebook

My computer is blocked for security reasons, it says enter my registration number but it wont enter it.  The phone number to call is not working.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,349 14,086
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my computer is blocked for security and the number given to contact is not working

Do NOT call any number that pops up on your screen. This is evidently one of the scams going around to fool people into paying money to get there machine unlocked.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,349 14,086
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If there is no way out of the block screen you will probably need to do a System Recovery at power on to get rid of this malware. Guide is in link:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation