Earl4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to connect to my wifi modem

HP ENVY m6 sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been having issues recently in connecting my sleekbook to my wireless modem. After having the pc for 3 years, I recently changed to a new internet service provider. After utilising this new modem for roughly 2 months, I am now encountering a problem where the internet icon is telling me i have "no internet access" but when i select the icon (bottom right of the screen), under the wifi option, it states "limited". This problem seems to be a strange one as (1) i have taken all updates received from HP; (2) other devices are connected to the modem. i did attempt to address the issue through other suggestions within this blog but nothing seems to work. Please advise me how to pinpoint the problem and address; (3) the  driver status for "Ralink RT 3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter" indicates the device is working properly, (4) I ran a full scan and no viruses were detected, (5) I reset both the TCP/IP settings and Winsock catalogue but nothing worked (6) I did try to use other drivers but they all failed. Hoping to get assistance. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,230
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Earl4,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi network though you've reinstalled the drivers,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to resolve the issue:

* Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link.

* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.

* Now try to connect to the internet wireless.

* For further assistance, click here

Here's a related HP Forum post that seemed to have helped others: Click here

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 - Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Earl4
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello,

sorry for not responding earlier but this didnt rectify the problem. i think it may be time for a new laptop as i am becoming increasingly frustrated with this issue

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation