leah123 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi keeps disconnecting

3165 NGW
Recently bought a new HP laptop everything was fine at the beginning but recently the wifi on it has just been awful, when I'm using it the wifi will disconnect at least every 5 minutes then it takes about another 5 minutes in order to get the wifi back up and running and most of the time I have to restart the laptop in order for the wifi to work, I shouldn't have to do this every 5 minutes. Also the wifi only disconnects with the laptop, I have a phone and iPad that are linked to the same wifi and I've never had any problems with the wifi on them. Please can you help
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2353
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi keeps disconnecting

Hey@ leah123,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are having frequent Wi-Fi disconnects with your computer. I saw your post and wanted to reach out. Super job diagnosing correctly that it was the notebook and not the network, as other devices work fine on the same network.

I found a great link on HP forums authored by  Sparkles1 a certified HP forum expert which is an accepted solution. Link: http://hp.care/2cfAgf8 

Here is a link to the  HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)  that may also help.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out.

Cheers! Have a blessed weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation