Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have installed windows 7 ,32 bi tin my new hp2000-2 d02. I could not find any driver from hp web site

for this model . Tried few drivers for Ra link  3290 802.11bgn,but no success so far.

Direct -wired Internet is working fine with Realtek PCIe FE family ,but I need to install wireless now.

The driver search from driver finder etc was not useful and it was like going in circles.

I am sure there must be a driver for ralink 3290... wi fi adapter for windows 7. Pls suggest .

abk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can't imagine what the problem is...

Try this:

Download and run this driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&...

If it still doesn't install then...

Go to the device manager and click on the problem Ralink wireless card.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse My Computer for Software method, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the above file.

That will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp61151.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the driver will install that way.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID from the wireless card (shown as a network controller ! in the device manager).

If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the guideat the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

HP Recommended

Hi--I could read in devisw manager against network adapters

Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn  wi fi adapter. I amy also add here that after doing driver update

I get a message " window has determined that the driver software for your device is upto date."

and the yellow mark continues.

thanking you in anticipation.

anand

HP Recommended

hello

here are the device ids

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C

PCI\DEV_1814&DEV_3290&CC_028000

PCI\DEV_1814&DEV_3290&CC_0280

thanks and regards

anand

HP Recommended

just an additional inf,. I  noticed that the installed windows 7 is 64 bits and not 32 as mentioned earlier, Rest of the data remaining the same.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The hardware ID you posted definitely is a Ralink 3290 wireless card.

I would try the driver directly from Ralink and see if that works.

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php

Download the driver from the second grouping of devices listed on the page.

You will see your RT309x wireless card listed there.

HP Recommended

Hi

Tried to download the driver from the link ,installed but still the yellow kark on Ralink device manager is there.

Tried to remove and install both (device+driver), still it did not work. So back to sqare one.

HP Recommended

I can't imagine what the problem is...

Try this:

Download and run this driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&...

If it still doesn't install then...

Go to the device manager and click on the problem Ralink wireless card.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse My Computer for Software method, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the above file.

That will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp61151.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the driver will install that way.

HP Recommended

Hi

thanks a lot for second suggestion. It has worked fine and the driver is now installed with Ralink device in the green and wireless lan indicator blue .

Thank you once again.

anand

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the driver finally got installed.

Sometimes for whatever reason, the auto install package doesn't work on some driver files.

Now you know the trick to get in through the "back door" if you ever have a problem like that again.

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.