cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

wireless router not recognize by my modem causing no internet connection

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Somebody help please, How can I fix this.

My wireless router and my modem does not link, modem and router are of different network nonnection details including ip. i can connect to the internet when im using lan cable to my pc but when i connect the lan cable to router it will not connect to the internet but have strong cgnal 5 bars. 

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,354 14,105
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JO2017

This is impossible to answer in detail not knowing  what brand of router. Basically- be sure you plug ethernet cable from modem to WAN or Internet port of the router. Usually to set up the router to use modem you need to have it first connected via ethernet cable from your PC and access the settings page of the router. If the router has wifi network name and password printed on a label you should also be able to do the setup using wireless connection.

You will need to know the ip address of the router setup page to open it and setup router to use modem. If this is a new installation or new router, determine the default IP address which may be printed on a label affixed to the router or in the documentation. If you can’t find the router’s IP address anywhere, you can do a web search for the router model to see what the default address is.Open a web browser on the computer that is connected to the router. Enter in the IP address of the router into the address bar and press Enter. Your browser will attempt to connect to the router’s configuration menu. 

In order to access the configuration page, you will need to be on the router's IP address and enter a valid username and password at the prompt. Most routers have a basic account set up that you will need to use to log on. This varies from model to model, but should be printed on the router or in the documentation.

• The most typical passwords are “admin” and “password”.
  • If you can’t figure out the correct IP address, your username or password, search for your router model online to see what the default login is. If it has been changed, press the Reset button on the back of the router for 10 (to 30+ seconds as dictated in the instructions for the router model) to restore factory settings.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 524
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If I can make some wild assumptions, based on no real info from the OP.

It is possible that the WiFi Router is acting as a DHCP server and issuing IP addresses on a different sub-net to the Modem.

EG: Modem is 192.168.0.1

WiFi Router is 192.168.1.1

If so I would either stop the Router issuing IP addresses and let it obtain them from the Modem, or perhaps limit the Modem to a range 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.100  and let the Router use/Issue from 192.168.0.101 - 192.168.0.200,

then everyone is on the same 255.255.255.0 subnet.

But my theory is based on chaOS theory, like Chaos theory but with Windows as the OS of chaOS.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I noticed that my modem and router are of different ip address and other details. My problem is how to link my modem and my router. Can i have the procedure on how to do it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If we knew which model/brand of router you have it would be much easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 524
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If you could give some more details about the hardware concerned, and the IP addresses assigned, then maybe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JO2017

Most manufacturers have setup directions for their routers on the website. Netgear,Linksys,D-Link are just a few of the popular brands. Do you not see a brand name on the router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CherylG,

router brand is cd-r king thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JO2017

I am not familiar with CD-R King routers at all. Is it one of these?

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?productstype=50&searchvalue=Wireless+router&x=12&y=5&mod=products&t...

Setup of WRT 988 at CDR King:

https://youtu.be/Dwx7-TedSJY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, yes that is the link of cd-r king. I wonder why when my router connected to the modem in cd-r king store i visited a few hours ago it properly connected to the internet but when i got home and connect my router to my modem internet connection is not available. router signal is very strong but no internet connection. it is of thesame telephone and internet service provider. 

Also my laptop wireless connection signal dissapear again today, yesterday it is operational after the assistance of Barnita from HP suport. In the device manager under other devices i tried to scan for hardware changes  for Toshiba RFBus driver but i got a message of "device driver software is not properly installed"

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation