cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cavefishx
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

0xc000021a error causing restart loop on envy 17

HP Recommended
I try to boot my pc but get the error code 0xc000021a, then it restarts and says preparing automatic repair, then the same BSOD error pops up and the cycle continues. I've tried just about every 'fix' I could find on the internet. I purchased this computer with windows 8 pre-installed, I do not have a windows 8 repair DVD. Upon further research I've been lead to believe it has something to do with winlogon.exe or csrss.exe, which makes sense, seeing as I cannot even log on to my computer. Other forums suggest it could be caused by 3rd party software. As far as I can see, all I can do is access the BIOS. I have no files that can't be easily replaced so even if I could somehow factory reset it that would be great, though I'm not sure if that will fix anything or is even possible in my current position. Thanks in advance for the help,
cavefishx.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @cavefishx

Welcom to the forums.  Lets see if we can assist you with the error code issue that you are having.

First thing I will need is the product number of the notebook.

How to find my product number.

Second thing I will need is the Operating system that came on this computer.  I know you will not be able to get onto the computer to find this info so even if you remember if it was Windows 7 or Windows 8 would be a big help.

You can try to do a system recovery on the system by following these steps

- On startup tap "esc" key until the menue comes up. 

- Then you wil hit the F11 Key to start a system recovery.

As long as your hard drive is stable and has a recovery partition this should load you up into a full recovery.

The downside to this is all your data will be lost on the notebook unless you have already backed up your info.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
cavefishx
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello @ D 5 G R,
Thanks for the reply!
My product number: E0K97UA#ABA
This computer came with windows 8 installed.
I had tried a system recovery before but that would just start the endless loop of booting/re-booting, anyway I tried it again and for some reason it decided to work this time around. Currently resetting everything and will update once the process has finished. Hopefully this straightens things out, thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
cavefishx
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Cool everything's better now, I'll just have to reinstall some software, nothing too major. Thankfully I didn't have a lot of crucial data saved on this computer as it is still relatively new. Thanks again for your help!
0 Kudos
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @cavefishx 

I am glad this helped this resolved your issue.  If you can, mark my post as the solution.  This will help others find this fix faster in the future.  To do this.

1. Go to the post you marked as the Accepted Solution

2. To the right of the subject line you will see Options, click on it

3. Now scroll down to Not the Solution and click

4. Now you should be able to scroll to my solution and mark the appropriate one Accepted Solution

Have a great week.

Thanks.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
freemandenise19
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I cannot restart my computer.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation