cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zaidoon
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

2710p BIOS

HP Recommended

I have just used the Windows BIOS flash tool for hp 2710p , chosen by the HP automated software upgrade.     It now refuses to start and just flashes the HP BIOS the restarts in a never ending loop.    

Any Ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zaidoon
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help you have tried everything you suggested, but the problem remained the same. When I run the computer logo appears (hp) and back on again and restart a hundreds of times ,I hope that you can help me.

thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 13,056 716 1,915
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi zaidoon,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you.

I understand that after attempting to  update the bios, the unit is stuck in a continual restart loop.  I would suggest you restore the bios. Here is a link to a document to assist you with that.HP Notebook PCs - Recover an Earlier Version of BIOS

Here is a link to the support home page for your unit. HP Compaq 2710p Notebook PC Support. 

If you check on the software and driver page it will list any updates for the bios. Here is a document on Updating the BIOS.

Sparkles1

Tags (1)
zaidoon
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help you have tried everything you suggested, but the problem remained the same. When I run the computer logo appears (hp) and back on again and restart a hundreds of times ,I hope that you can help me.

thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 13,056 716 1,915
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi zaidoon,

If you are unable to restore the bios, the only other option is to phone HP technical suppot.  Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.HP Technical Support Sitemap

Sparkles1

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation