Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm in the process of resurecting a mini 210 -1080ca It has 1 Gb ram in it, I was hoping to go 4Gb but I'm not sure if I want to gamble the money.    Was anyone successfully able to go with 4Gb ram and have it recognize as 4GB ram without having to make modifications and alter the bios file?  I don't mind changing the OS. 32 or 64 win7 is fine, just hoping it will work The cpu is an n450 but even on the intel site it states max 2Gb for the n450

HP Recommended

For people still looking:

HP mini 210 -1080ca is using - Intel atom 450

Then I looked at - http://ark.intel.com/products/49491/Intel-Atom-Processor-N455-512K-Cache-1_66-GHz 

It can only use 2 GB of RAM

Try some company that has a  listing of RAM they sell - For example try Crucial.com they provide recommended RAM based on  "HP mini 210-1080ca" From what intel explained it will not be over 2GB RAM

If anyone found how to get HP mini 210-4120ea to run 64bit software. HP mini 210-4000cto uses 4GB RAM - be a great chance to use - The BIOS must be flashed to allow 32bit/64bit software - After that I know how I can get my HP mini 210-4000cto to be able to run 64bit software.

I have the Microsoft Windows 7 64bit software and found all except for one of the drivers from HP to use 64bit software - Therefore 32bit/64bit BIOS Software would make it possible to do.

I was able to get HP mini 210-2177nr to use Windows 7 (64bit) Professional - its fast

Starup is fast , browse the internet with amazing speed. With a 240GB SATA 3 Solid State Drive will do a full scan of Norton Internet Security in less than 24 minutes Solid State Drive read speed of 205MB/s - with HDtech meaurement. Shutdown in near10 seconds or startup in near10 to 20 seconds.

HP Recommended

To upgrade to 4gb, i need a single module 4gb for hp mini. So, can i install a single 4gb ddr2 or ddr3?

HP Recommended

I am not sure what netbook your asking about ?

If asking about HP mini 210-4120ea it wrote (PC3-8500 DDR3 1066Mhz)

CNET.com - HP Mini 210-4120ea Atom N2800 Windows 7 Starter 32bit 

My Netbook is Windows 7 Premium HP mini 210-4000cto Intel Atom N2800 It could be what I use - 4GB RAM - Kingston KTT1066D3/4G

If asking about HP Mini 210-1080CA - HP wrote 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450

Intel wrote Atom Processor N450 Max Memory 2GB RAM

Ebay seller wrote 2GB RAM HP mini 210-1080CA (PC2-5300 DDR2 667Mhz)

HP Recommended

Ok. To be more clear. I have a Hp mini 210-1014ea. It has a intel atom n450 x64 based processor which means it is a 64bit processor.  But I'm running 32bit Windows 8.1. This hp mini has only 1 RAM slot which can support max DDR2 PC2 6400. I want to know whether i can insert a 4gb single module pc2 6400 in my laptop. Right now, I have a 2gb single pc2 6400 running with windows 8.1.

HP Recommended

You can try and see

HP Recommended

You could try it just as I did. I tried with HP mini 210-2177nr Intel wrote  the maximum is 2GB

I bought the 2 GB RAM that would work. Then I bought the same type yet 4GB - did not work.

I saw a netbook on ebay that uses 4GB - Intel wrote maximum for Intel N2600 is 2GB - yet how did it work.

Intel wrote Maximum of 2GB RAM for N450 If you buy same type yet 4GB RAM - how can you return it unless someone tried it to find if it did work - therefore I do not know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.