cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

ACPI/HPQ0004 unknown device

HP Recommended

Hi,

I installed 64-bit win 7 on my dv8-1190ef, but there is an unknown device (ACPI/HPQ0004).

Please help me to solve this problem!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is for the HP 3D Drive Guard.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76187-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

This is for a slightly different model of dv8, but it will work. I guess HP forgot to list one for your specific model number. I could not find it fro your support page anyway.

And here is a more recent version

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-82853-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I found this one for an HP Envy, but as mentioned it will work just fine for a dv8, or any other laptop with the HP 3D Drive Guard hardware.

Author
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HaggisCat

Thank you so much. It's solved.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have problem my computer had unknow device.

Help me please.

Thank you in advance.

Supraween

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please, slove this problem for ACPI/HPQ0004 unknown device on my PC

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Install HP 3D DriveGuard driver.  I have HP 2560P.  Installed Windows 7 64 Bit with same issue described above.  Installed the driver from here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4061 for HP2560P and the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am having the same problem with my pavilion DM1Z product number XJ612AAR   which driver should i be looking for?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation