cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Shahana Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALM Excel Add in error

Product – ALM

OS – Windows 7

MS Office version – 2007

I have ALM -excel add in installed in my MS excel. When I click on ‘export to ALM’, an error comes up – “compile error in hidden module:CTDServer”

I went into the VB editor and found that the OTA COM Library is missing. I  tried re-installing the add in and my MS office, but in vain. It seems like the library is getting installed in a different location in XP and in win7. Has anyone installed the add in successfully on a Win 7 machine ? IS there any compatibility issue with Win 7 and MS office 2007 and ALM ?

Also, i dont have admin rights on my machine.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
QCADMIN_Veteran Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALM Excel Add in error

This is rather easy to fix - You may need admin privledges but I dont think do.  Are you familiar with opening up the VBCODE behind MS Excel (Alt + F11)?  We need to make a change there (Refrences change to the TDADDIN) and that will resolve your issue.  I am a QC Admin for a extraordinarily large company with thousands of QC users spread across the globe so I see almost every error imaginable on every type of OS, version of Excel, Windows, you name it and this is a common one but one of the easier ones to fix.  [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
saila123 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALM Excel Add in error

Excel 2010, QC 11.0

In Tools->References, I do not see TDADDIN option in the list to make the change.

Can you please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
VMani Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALM Excel Add in error

Hi,

I could see the VBAProject -TDExcelAddin.Xla), it is asking for password. How to get the password for this?

regards

Venkat

0 Kudos
Neil_Purohit Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALM Excel Add in error

Hello,

I am receiving the following error when I try to upload test cases & requirements from Excel 2010 to QCE 11.0:

HP ALM Microsoft Excel Add In Error:

"A general error has occured:'ActiveX component can't create object'"

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation