Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Guys can anyone tell me is the battery drain issue only in shutdown mode or in sleep mode aswell. And what is the battery discharge rate in sleep mode?? Iam in touch with a top engineer in hp who is dealing with this issue. And by the way its no such big issue as the guy above me is making it its just a bug which will be fixed soon.

HP Recommended

RadicalDad, nice selective editing of what I typed.  It's obvious you didn't understand it and I'd normally recommend you go back and re-read it but it's probably best that you don't.

You show more anger and anxiety than any 10 people should.  Good luck to you; you'll need it.

HP Recommended

SSDBoy,

I think this is really interesting:  " I am in touch with a top engineer in hp who is dealing with this issue. "

Can they not reproduce this problem internally?  Why don't they have several of these units open on a bench in a lab somewhere with hardware engineers pouring over the problem, taking measurements while the units are off, figuring out where the problems are?

Why don't they grab one of the units that isn't fixed with the Sphinx update and send it to be diagnosed as above?

HP Recommended

So ladies,   Went through all the fixes online.   They had me shut everything off and unplugged after - and not start for 6 hours.  Which I did and saw there was Zero Drain... So I left it unplugged and off -  for about 15 hours and it was down to 91% -   So long story dull I am sending the POS in for them to do whatever it is they "need" to do.   They are saying the fix they apply online works in about 50% of the cases- which is probably BS - but whatever.   

Has anyone else recently sent it in on this issue and had it come back not FUBAR?

HP Recommended

Since applying the Sphinx Fix and the driver updates listed in this thread, my laptop only loses 1-2% per 24 hours.

Thus, it would take nearly 50 days to be empty of battery,

Perhaps, as an experiment, someone should purchase a Ford Focus (or any motor vehicle really), fill it with gas and leave it sitting in the driveway for 50 days.

Or, use it every now and then so that it has 50 days on the same tank of fuel.

Anyone who has ever let a car sit know how this situation works out...

Fuel goes stale after a while and you cannot use the fuel, it needs to be drained and refilled - you CAN dilute it with fresh fuel if there is only a quarter or so of a tank but your engine will run fairly poorly for the duration of the tank's supply.

HP Recommended
What driver updates are there?
HP Recommended

I am referring to updating your drivers... all of them, from the HP Support Assitant Program, under UPDATES.

Make sure all your drivers and BIOS versions are up to date...

HP Recommended

C'mon guys, are you really comparing a computer with a car ?!

In addition, you can totally let a car sit for 50 days without issue with the fuel, don't be silly...

HP Recommended
Rufufu obviously you don't have much experience with letting motor vehicles sit around..

Maybe you should leave your car to sit for 50 days with a full tank, but don't complain when it won't start - and if it does runs like an 1850's steam tractor..
HP Recommended

Oh, pqkiller666 is quite the the expert on everything, it seems.  He showed us that quite eloquently back on page 40 where he spouted off some ridiculously incoherent and incorrect drivel about hibernation, the "start state file" (whatever that is) and how that can drain the battery.  Yes, his superior lack of expertise in Windows internals was on proud display.

Now we see he is an expert on gasoline storage as well.  I have no doubt his expertise on this issue was pulled right from his backside.  Lots of methane there with which he could conduct experiments to gather his very accurate data.  Of course, if he actually worked in the automobile or oil industry, or he just bothered to do a Google search, then he would know that ethanol blended fuels, the most unstable kind, have a shelf life in the tank of about 100 days, depending on storage conditions.  Non-ethanol fuels last about 3 times that, again depending on storage conditions.   Yes, he showed us yet again that spouting off about things he knows nothing about is a great way to enlighten the masses.

I'm guessing he's also an expert on analogies and irony, especially as it pertains to the relationship between computers and automobiles, not to mention why it might be wise to warn people away from buying an x360 until HP gets around to fixing this problem, if they ever do. 

Thanks pqkiller666.  You are a genius!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.