cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JaquesS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Biometric function not working

HP Probook 450
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Biometric authentication is not functioning properly, When i log in i recieve a message that says HP security tools. I hav to log in without biometric functions or wait 30 seconds and prompt booting again. I always made use of the finger swipe as identification, and after last update, I cannot even reset my settings for biometric settings.

Please help me to fix this, it is annoying to type full pass word all the time before logging in, or opening screen after it logged off.

Thank you,

J

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
72 66 4 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Try to upgrade your HP ProtectTools to the last version of HP Client Security Manager (HP ProtectTools rembranded), SoftPaq 68157, at: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68157.exe

JaquesS Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you, it worked, had to get IT to download this file, but once downloaded and installed = immediate correction.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation