cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Biometric print validation sensor will not function in win 10 upgrade, hangs the notebook PC

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv7-7030us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded to 10  1 month ago, felt pressured to do it.  Free upgrade from 7.  Seemed ok at first. Noticed it was not getting updates, finally got Annniversary update to install after couple of tries. Now, my entertainment PC Laptop ( hp dv7 7030us i7 processor 64bit) will not properly load Biometric validity sensor at startup (fingerprint reader) with result of mouse not working well (continually returns to one single screen location, therefore difficult to operate the PC). Finally was able to steer it to Settings, locate the biometric sensor app and disable it.   Mouse instantly works again.   Checked for latest Biometric Validity driver, screen says it is installed. Logitech Mouse driver is current.  Reports are confusing, indicate sensor is running, but it seems to hang the mouse cursor. Another time I got a notice it was not loading, with an option to close it.  Only way I can reliably use the PC is to keep the sensor disabled permanently. Tried resetting the sensor -- disable, then restart, then on; heavy processing still renders mouse useless.   Is there a simple download which will repair without a need to go under the hood?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 958 2,205
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mrow22,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY dv7-7030us Notebook and having issues with the Fingerprint reader software for Windows 10. Here is a download for the Fingerprint scanner for Windows 10. This download sp71729.exe should work for you. I would uninstall the version you have and reinstall this version.

You might need to check that the Simplepass is enable biometric support .

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Didn't go well. Now the PC is acting as before and I cannot find biometric to disable it. Therefore the mouse is inoperable again, just returning to a particular point on screen and blinking.  I cannot even seem to find a restore point, don't even know where to look. This is awful, so sorry I tried to use Win 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 958 2,205
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mrow22,

Disabling the Biometric disable would be listed in the Device Manager. 

HP Recovery Manager can be accessed from the Start Menu, or by tapping F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop. This link shows you how to do a recovery before this issue started or you can use your Windows 7 recovery media that you created before upgrading to Windows 10.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Biometric listing disappeared from Device Mgr when I uninstalled it prior to installing the new driver.  Each effort to install that driver failed at the final step because it said there was already a driver there (3 tries).  Could not find it in Device Mgr, either has a different name or different location but I didn't see anything listed which looked like this driver  (had been Biometric Validity Sensor I think, but not called Simplepass then or now that I can see). At startup I sometimes get the window which says the driver cannot launch. If so, I exit the process and I can use the PC. At other times, it simply hangs up and navigating with mouse becomes nearly impossible as it wants to return to center right portion of screen during use.  Right clicking helps me to navigate but it also slows the processor to a crawl.   I can try the  F11 at startup.  No idea why Microsoft would reduce the revert to a time in the past feature to such a hidden path.   Within 10, there is an option to take it back to 7 but I just want to go back 2 days.   Thank you,  Don

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation